Thursday, July 31, 2008

Watch me eat...

Brandon is such a strange eater. He never really got into baby food. He pretty much will try whatever you put in his mouth, as long as it's not mushy like baby food. He wants texture and chunks. The problem is that he doesn't eat a whole lot at one time. Since I found out he is low in iron, I've made an extra effort to get him to eat. It's paying off because the last two nights he's eaten pretty well. Last night, he ate salmon, couscous and squash. Tonight, he had spaghetti O's and squash. He ate in only his diaper since he was wet from the water park. He wants to touch everything and then he rubs his hands in his hair afterwards. He tries to throw everything over the edge. As you can imagine he gets pretty messy, as do the floors. He goes straight in the bath after dinner and he loves that! (But, I don't like cleaning up afterwards!)

Before dinner, at the playground this evening, he was all over the place. He thinks he is a big kid, especially since he can walk with my help. It's so fun to see his expression. On our way home, we stopped at the water part and he motored up and down the little stream. I just hold his hands and he walks in the direction he wants to go. It was funny because he walked straight in to the sprinkler fountain and then got cold water in his face and he gasped and walked straight out in double time.




1 comments:

Wendy said...

Lynda. Blog looks fab!! Brandon is adorable--look at all of those beautiful (man-ly of course) locks of hair. Wow, I look forward to seeing him and you both this weekend. Loves, Wendy

p.s. While there I need to discover your secret of widening the blog margins to full-screen...