Saturday, January 9, 2010

the sign for sorry

A ten minute shower was all I needed to have an attitude adjustment. Ryan has been out of town for a few days and I've been sick and today my patience was short. After showering (and praying) - I came away clean (and sorry). Afterward, I went into Brandon's room, even though he had been in there for a while, and gave him a big hug. He hadn't fallen asleep yet, so I was able to hold him in my arms and talk to him about the day and to tell him I was sorry for being so grumpy. I gave him the sign for sorry (stroking the side of his head - the sign he made up for sorry) and he said, "mom" and gave it to me back by stroking my head and snuggled in. I love that guy.

1 comments:

Dave and Stephanie said...

sweet story! sweet brandon! miss you guys!