Wednesday, November 11, 2009

All about Ava

Ava was born a week early at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital.  My mom and brother arrived at our apartment at 11 p.m. and I left for the hospital at 4 a.m.  and she was born at 7:20 a.m.  Great timing!  

Ava Youmee Todd
7 lb 6 oz, 20 inches
August 28, 2009 
7:20 a.m.

When we were thinking of a name for Brandon, we came across the name of Ava and I liked the name enough to think that it would be a contender when we had the need for a girl's name.  It's short, simple and sweet.  Ava's middle name comes from my twin's Korean name.  My twin, Youmee, passed away when we were 2 and a half years old in Korea, right before my parents and I immigrated to the United States.  It never occurred to me to use my twin's name until I was about 7 months along...and after that Ava Youmee just seemed right.  We never considered anything else. 

She was a very easy and pleasant newborn.  And she is still super pleasant and so so easy at 11 weeks.    At about 6 weeks, she started truly smiling and cooing/talking and she hasn't stopped!  Brandon adores her and she seems to love to watch him.  Last night, she slept a record 12.5 hours!  When I went in to get her, she gave me THE BEST SMILE.  It's hard to tell personality yet, but I think she will be a talker.
  • One Month Stats: 9 lbs 5 oz, 21.5 inches 
  • Two Month Stats: 10 lbs 8 oz, 23 inches
(Just for fun - Brandon weighed 6 lb 15 oz, 19 inches at birth; 2 months - 13 lbs 4 oz, 23.5 inches)

cute litte face
sleeping sweetly at home and in the stroller
Ava and Brandon

when brandon is around, ava will just stare at him intently, it's so fun to see
catching her smile on camera

ava's funny expressions
spending a lot of time in the stroller is ava's way of being part of the fun

3 comments:

Durham said...

Ava is so beautiful! I love her name. Congratulations!

Kirsten and Steve said...

Wow...so beautiful! She is a doll and it so cute to see how much Brandon loves and protects her. He is a great older brother. Thanks again for Saturday! You guys are awesome!

Kristy said...

She is so beautiful. Congrats!